Danish Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai has invited the members of FBCS to join the launch of the European Business in China – Position Paper 2020/2021 with The European Union Chamber of Commerce in China.
As the flagship publication of the European Chamber, the Position Paper is comprised of the views from more than 30 industry-specific working groups representing European business in China, detailing the numerous structural challenges that remain in the China market and providing constructive recommendations to both the Chinese and European authorities alike. Its executive summary also provides a wider analysis and commentary on business and political relations, and their intertwine.
Many of these structural challenges are related to the emergence of China's 'one economy, two systems' model. One half of the economy is increasingly fair, well-regulated and welcoming to foreign investment; the other, state-driven, half sees China still nursing its national champions and over indulging its state-owned enterprises at the expense of the private sector. This indicates a gulf in the understanding of the concept of 'openness' between the EU and China.
The EU has embraced the idea that market access is granted through multilateral institutions like the World Trade Organization and bilateral ones like investment agreements. Meanwhile, it seems that China does not view market access as a right, rather a privilege that is either extended to or removed from certain areas, depending on whichever part of the economy China's leaders want foreign investment to flow to at any given time. Not only does this understanding clash with the rules-based economic order to which China voluntarily acceded, it also drags down business sentiment.
We are honored to have Jens Eskelund, the Vice President of the EU Chamber of Commerce in China to present Position Paper 2020/2021 to the whole Nordic group.
- 16:00 - 16:30 Registration and afternoon tea
- 16:30 - 17:30 Presentation of the Position Paper by Jens Eskelund
- 17:30 – 18:00 Q&A session
PRICE: Participation Fee for this event is 230RMB for members, 400RMB for Non-members. The fee includes afternoon tea and food.
REGISTRATION: You can register by sending a registration email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make the payment to following bank account or Alipay account before Monday, September 21st, 2020.
1) Alipay account: email@example.com
2) Account no:121931987610201
Account name: 上海上丹企业管理咨询有限公司
Branch name: China Merchants Bank Shanghai Hongqiao Branch (招商银行上海分行虹桥支行)
ELIGIBILITY: All of the employees of FBCS member companies can participate at our events with Membership privileges (discounted price, access to member only events). Please do not hesitate to forward this event invitation to your colleagues.
NOTE: Registration is binding and no-shows will be charged unless cancelled before Monday September 21st, 2020.
COMING UP NEXT:
- September 14: Webinar: Labor Market and Salary Developments 2020/2021
- September 15: The Sales & Marketing Group on Gaining Publicity: PR and Media Relations Management in China
- September 15: Rising Sino - US Tension - "Weaponization" of the US-Dollar?
- September 16: Corruption and Internal Fraud
- September 22: Scaling Leadership - The Complexity Antidote
- September 23: European Business in China Position Paper 2020/2021
- September 26: Aalto Vase - Using Design to Enhance Natural Beauty