It's sadly ironic that nearly every company is born with an outside-in focus but loses it somewhere along the way. The more successful a company becomes, and the faster it grows, the sooner its perspective shifts from outside-in to inside-out.
Meet the Shanghai-based author and branding and innovation guru, Jacob Johansen, presenting his latest book about how to crack the most significant challenge in business: applying and maintaining a constant outside-in perspective in everything you do.
Adopting an outside-in perspective enables you to:
- innovate products and services that fulfill the needs of the market instead of servicing the convenience of your production line or organisation.
- shape your organisation to meet external needs rather than adapt to stakeholder demands and habitual behavior.
- eliminate qualified guessing from strategy development and daily decision making.
- continually develop the collective competence of the co-workers to match the now.
- direct technology to support the growth of your business instead of having technology lead you.
Jacob Johansen has developed a series of radical ideas about the business of the future while working as an external consultant, deeply embedded in the transformation of IKEA.
This hands-on experience from one of the largest ongoing business transformation projects combined with 20 years of China entrepreneurship and brand and business consulting drives his ideas although Jacob Johansen's book and presentation is not a "how-to-do-China" keynote. Instead Jacob Johansen considers his principles universal.
The book will be available for sale at the venue and Jacob has promised to sign the copies after the event.