A joint venture (JV) is a commonly used legal structure to enter the Chinese markets. While the JV was seen in the past as a useful way for market entry and expansion, it has come under more scrutiny recently. In addition, the new Foreign Investment Law that was implemented at the beginning of this year, has repealed the laws that used to be applicable for JVs in China (the Law on Sino-foreign Equity Joint Ventures (EJV Law) and the Law on Sino-foreign Cooperative Joint Ventures (CJV Law)). The change has led to uncertainties how the new law will impact existing and new joint ventures.
To discuss the above points and much more, we have invited the following speakers:
- Chen Liu, who is the Managing Director of Weidmann in China. Weidmann is a product and service provider of insulation technology and has just recently sold its stake in a joint venture in China.
- Connie He, who is the Secretary of the Board and Head of HR at Buhler. Buhler is an industrial solution provider and maintains several JVs in China, with a state-owned company and a private company.
- Barry Chen, Partner in Charge at InterChina Consulting. The firm advises foreign companies in matters related to joint ventures, acquisitions and divestments.
- Cheng Chen, lic. iur. University Fribourg, Head of China Desk of Kellerhals Carrard and Senior Partner of Huiye Law, has been actively engaged in the field of joint venture in China, including establishment, divestment and JV litigation, since more than 15 years.
SwissCham has invited the members of FBCS to join this event.
- 18:30 - 19:00 Registration
- 19:00 - 20:10 Presentations
- 20:10 - 20:30 Q&A Session
- 20:30 - 21:30 Buffet Dinner
PRICE: This event is 250 RMB for FBCS Members and 350 RMB for Non-Members.
NOTICE：There is no registration through this web page. Kindly follow the registration instructions here below.
REGISTRATION: You may register and pay via this link until Tuesday, July 28. Please use the FBCS ticket if you are a member.
ELIGIBILITY: All of the employees of FBCS member companies can participate at our events with Membership privileges (discounted price, access to member only events). Please do not hesitate to forward this event invitation to your colleagues.
Cancellation of RSVP: In case you need to cancel your attendance to the event, please write an email to: email@example.com at least 24 hours prior to the event. Failure to cancel your RSVP timely will require the payment of a "no show bill" of the full amount stated in this invitation. You can contact Nini Qi by telephone: 021 5368 1237. For third-party events, the event terms and conditions of the event organizer apply.
NOTE: Please notice that Swiss Chinese Chamber of Commerce Shanghai (as the host of the event) will take photographs from the event and might post these on its public webpage and or social media platforms in order to create awareness of its events. By attending this event you consent to the Swiss Chinese Chamber of Commerce Shanghai taking and using photographs of you as described above. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any inquiries related to this matter.
COMING UP NEXT:
- July 28: Workshop: How to create a good foundation for your company's sales and marketing
- July 30: JVs in the Chinese market: Experiences and best practices
- August 5: Intercultural management, profitability and compliance
- August 12: The Sales & Marketing Group: Workshop on Getting the Sales You Deserve
- September 3 - Novemver 10: Emerging Leaders Training