Communication is a basic human activity that is learned throughout life and applied on a daily basis, but unfortunately not always in the most effective way. This Compassionate Communication workshop can provide you a simple, yet powerful four step process that helps people resolve conflicts and empathically connect with each other, helping you to acquire more fulfilling professional and private lives.
SwedCham invites the members of FBCS to join this highly interactive online Workshop. The Workshop requires people's undivided attention with video cameras turned on.
What you can expect from this workshop:
- Learn how to better communicate in challenging situations and times of change or crisis
- Practice how to effectively calm down when you are upset or other negative emotions arise
- Understand how to express yourself honestly but with compassion
What can Compassionate Communication help you in work?
- Meet people's needs much more effectively while avoiding or resolving conflicts e.g. with colleagues or direct subordinates at work.
- Lead in crisis, being able to be empathetic and de-escalate conflicts as well as to make people accept change and hardship.
- Transform resistance into acceptance which is the most difficult part in times of change.
The background of Compassionate Communication:
The purpose of Compassionate Communication (also known as NVC: Nonviolent Communication) is to respect the individual's autonomy while at the same time ensuring an empathic connection. This enables us to enjoy contributing to one another's well-being. This is especially helpful when we request someone to change their behavior for our benefit.
Compassionate Communication was developed and successfully applied by the US-American Psychologist Dr. Marshall B. Rosenberg between the 1960's and 1990's. It has been spread across the world since the publication of his book "Nonviolent communication. A language of Life." and has now become a well-recognized approach in the field of conflict resolution or coaching.
- 4:00 pm - 4:05 pm Welcome Speech
- 4:05 pm - 5:45 pm Compassionate Communication Workshop
- 5:45 pm - 6:00 pm Q&A session
TIME: Thursday, April 9, 2020, at 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm
PRICE: Participation Fee for this event is 150 RMB for Members and 250 RMB for Non-Members.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTICE THAT THERE IS NO REGISTRATION VIA THE BLUE "REGISTRATION BUTTON" TO THE LEFT, ONLY VIA THE LINK HERE BELOW.
REGISTRATION: You may register via this link. Please use the FBCS ticket if you are a member. Once registered, an email will be sent with instructions how to login to the webinar.
ELIGIBILITY: All of the employees of FBCS member companies can participate at our events with Membership privileges (discounted price, access to member only events). Please do not hesitate to forward this event invitation to your colleagues.